Before knowing what is blogging. Let’s take a look at the history of the blog. The blog word came from the notebooks that people used to keep store their memories in the form of text. They were called writers, journalists (now they called Blogger).
What is blogging?
A blog is a piece of knowledge or informational guide published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, diary-style text entries called blog posts. Posts are typically displayed in reverse chronological order so that the latest post appears at the top of the web page.
It is helpful for people to gain knowledge about any topic about businesses and guiding the customers about their products and services. A blog is a place where an individual can share knowledge and experience to the visitors and make them knowledgeable.
Why Blogging Is Getting Popular?
Blogging is getting popular day by day because the number of readers is increasing on the Internet.
There are more than 750 million blogs available on the Internet. Bloggers are blogging on various niches, like Travel, Food, Technology, Marketing, etc.
There are many reasons people do blogging, they want to share their knowledge, want to build a great community, or to make money online. Most businesses use a blog to guide their customers about their products and services.
Blogging Act as an SEO Tool
Google and other search engines like quality content which is part of their algorithm. When you are writing an article or blog post you can optimize it in an SEO-friendly way to get more organic traffic which is not possible without a blog.
Blogging is also the cheapest method for promoting the products and services of the business. If you write quality content then chances are high of getting more traffic to your blog by ranking in top search engine results. Apparently, you would get traffic which converts into leads and sales.
How to start a blog?
If you just want to write, share experiences then things become more easy and simple. Follow the below steps to start a blog:
1. Choose a platform
- There are many platforms to choose from where you can start with your blog and can start writing.
- Some of the most famous websites to write a blog post are Blogger, Tumblr, Medium, Squarespace, Dailyhunt, LiveJournal, Weebly, etc.
- At a later stage, I suggest you can always build your blog website that would be easier to gain attention and grow more traffic.
2. Choose a Blog Niche
- Choose a niche that interests you and you have better knowledge about it. Most important is what you passionate about. For me, it’s Latest Technology and Marketing updates but for someone, it may be lifestyle, Jobs, Travel, Food, etc.
- Niche or categories like Free wallpaper, Jobs, News, Whatsapp Status, are some of the niches which have massive monthly traffic but don’t have much-earning potential. On the other hand, Fashion, Health, Technology, fitness and make money online are some of the niches which have more potential to earn a high income.
3. Promote a Blog
- Use Social media platforms to promote your blog (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc).
- You can always choose Advertisement to promote your blog such as Facebook ads, Instagram & Twitter for business.
- Start participating in forums and communities related to your niche.
These are the important steps that you need to take into consideration while you start a Blog. My recommendation is just to be consistent in writing a blog post and keep doing marketing. If you are interested to know about Digital Marketing then Click Here.